- 1 bunch of leeks
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Lightly trim both ends and peel back the first or second layer of leaves and discard.
- Drop the leeks in a pan of boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes to soften – this is called blanching.
- Drain them well (if there’s too much water in them they won’t roast properly) and toss in a bowl with olive oil, a splash of red wine vinegar, the chopped thyme leaves and the garlic.
- Arrange the leeks in one layer in a baking tray or earthenware dish and roast in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes until golden and almost caramelized.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!