This is an easy recipe to help you use up some of your peppers and also feed a large group of people in a hurry. Enjoy!
Linguine with Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce
From the The Flying Biscuit Cafe Cookbook
2-3 bell peppers
2 cups heavy cream
Dash of Tabasco
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound uncooked linguine
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place peppers under broiler or on hot grill and cook, turning frequently , until skins are blistered and peppers are charred evenly on all sides. Place peppers in a paper bag. Close the bag until peppers are cook enough to handle
2. Gently scrape the charred skins off the outside of the peppers with the back edge of a paring knife. Remove the stems and seeds. Puree the peppers in a food processor or blender until smooth.
3. Add the cream, Tabasco, salt, pepper, and cayenne and process.
4. Cook the linguine in boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
5. In a large saute pan bring pepper cream sauce to a simmer. Add Parmesan and toss in cooked linguine. Continue to cook until sauce is bubble and pasta is hot. Divide pasta among individual serving dishes.
Serves 6 people