- 4 large organic slicing tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup organic onions and peppers, chopped
- 1 cup organic couscous
- 1/4 cup shredded organic mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh organic basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh organic mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the fresh tomatoes crosswise in half and scoop out the pulp; set aside. Invert the tomato shells on paper towels to drain.
- In a small saucepan, sautee the peppers and onions. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese, basil, mint and black pepper. Then gently stir in the tomato pulp.
- Place the tomato shells in an 11×7 inch baking dish. Spoon the couscous mixture into the shells, pressing the mixture firmly into the shells. Cover with grated parmesan with a few minutes left to bake. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.