Here’s a simple and tasty pasta recipe I made the other night. I loved its thick tomato sauce and parsley. The recipe says it serves 4, but since Ashley and I finished it in one sitting, I’d bump it down to 3 ; )
1/2 cup green onions
1 tsp. garlic, finely chopped
2 TBSP. olive oil
1 large red bell pepper, diced
3 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced*
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 TBSP. parsley, chopped
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
8 oz. linguine or spaghetti
1. Start water for pasta.
2. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft. Add red bell pepper and saute until tender-crisp (about 2 mins).
3. Stir in tomatoes and cook over high heat, stirring regularly, until juices evaporate.
3. Cook pasta and drain well.
4. Stir in cheese, parsley, cayenne pepper and black pepper to tomato mixture.
5. Toss tomato mixture with hot pasta and enjoy!
*I simply diced. What’s wrong with seeds? This may have caused me to boil it longer, but it was still relatively quick…and delicious.
Another great option: I just saw a variation of this recipe calling for goat cheese instead of parmesan and adding zucchini. Yum!