Here’s a great treat to enjoy in all this heat!
8 cups cubed watermelon (seeds removed) or 1 qt. watermelon juice
1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
½ cup sugar (more or less to taste)
Optional garnishes: lime slices and mint sprigs
- Place half of the watermelon cubes in blender and process until smooth. Strain through fine-mesh sieve over a bowl. Compost (or eat!) the solids.
- Repeat with remaining watermelon. You should end up with about 1 quart of juice.
- Add the lime juice and sugar to watermelon juice, and stir until sugar is dissolved. Taste, add more sugar until desired sweetness.
- Transfer to nonreactive pitcher and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice and garnish if desired.
Makes about 5 cups.